Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CVO

8J 9 point down..

It was 3:30 pm on my way over to the property Dad and I hunt and it was 68 degrees, I definitely didn't expect to see much. I hung this stand in early July between 2 fields. One with soy beans and the other with corn. Tonight was my first sit of the season so I was just looking forward to seeing anything. By 5 o'clock I had a small 6 point and 2 doe, both with twins that all fed through the acorns behind me and out into the bean field. I watched the 4 fawns run and jump around for over a half hour...I was perfectly content on ending my night after that once it got dark. Around 6:15 through all of the rustling leaves from the squirrels and chipmunks, I heard a small twig snap. I slowly turned my head and just saw a massive body. Hoping everything would work out and he would take the same path as the other deer, I grabbed my bow and never looked back again. After what seemed like a half hour but was only about 5 minutes, the buck was quartering away from me into the beans at 30 yards. I only looked at his horns once. I saw he had 5 on his left side. I also saw a really nice, tall 8 point behind him. When I released the arrow I knew I hit him good but he never ran. The bucks body stiffened up and he was leaning to one side as he slowly took a few steps. That's when I saw something I never expected. The tall 8 point circled around and charged the buck I shot, with his head down and drove him right into the dirt and then ran off. This is my biggest buck with a bow or gun. Dad and I are in an archery contest so we brought the deer to weigh it. It dressed out at an even 200lbs, with a 19 3/4" inside spread. It's after midnight and I have to wake up at 4:45 am for work and I'm wide awake! Thanks for reading my story!

-Chris

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-146339-14441049103666_thumb.jpg

post-146339-1444105062158_thumb.jpg

post-146339-14441050932142_thumb.jpg

Very nice!!!!! Hoping I get one like that!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Great buck and story - congratulations!

Shawn

It was 3:30 pm on my way over to the property Dad and I hunt and it was 68 degrees, I definitely didn't expect to see much. I hung this stand in early July between 2 fields. One with soy beans and the other with corn. Tonight was my first sit of the season so I was just looking forward to seeing anything. By 5 o'clock I had a small 6 point and 2 doe, both with twins that all fed through the acorns behind me and out into the bean field. I watched the 4 fawns run and jump around for over a half hour...I was perfectly content on ending my night after that once it got dark. Around 6:15 through all of the rustling leaves from the squirrels and chipmunks, I heard a small twig snap. I slowly turned my head and just saw a massive body. Hoping everything would work out and he would take the same path as the other deer, I grabbed my bow and never looked back again. After what seemed like a half hour but was only about 5 minutes, the buck was quartering away from me into the beans at 30 yards. I only looked at his horns once. I saw he had 5 on his left side. I also saw a really nice, tall 8 point behind him. When I released the arrow I knew I hit him good but he never ran. The bucks body stiffened up and he was leaning to one side as he slowly took a few steps. That's when I saw something I never expected. The tall 8 point circled around and charged the buck I shot, with his head down and drove him right into the dirt and then ran off. This is my biggest buck with a bow or gun. Dad and I are in an archery contest so we brought the deer to weigh it. It dressed out at an even 200lbs, with a 19 3/4" inside spread. It's after midnight and I have to wake up at 4:45 am for work and I'm wide awake! Thanks for reading my story!

-Chris

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Congrats a great buck for sure! Can't wait for the 15th to be over so I can get a chance a a buck!

Wow I felt like I was there, excellent story, with a hell of a nice buck. Congrats to you!!!

Great Story and Great Buck Thanks for sharing it with us! Hopefully when the boy and I start hunting after the 15th we might be able to share a similar story as well. Who is going to mount it for you?

CONGRATS!! that's a heavy weight! Great story, a cheap shot for sure from the tall 8!

Edited by bettieanne

Congrats that's a nice buck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great Story and Great Buck Thanks for sharing it with us! Hopefully when the boy and I start hunting after the 15th we might be able to share a similar story as well. Who is going to mount it for you?

Alan Strouse in Lawrenceville, PA will be doing the mount. Thanks a lot everyone. It's definitely a memory I'll never forget!

Good luck to those who haven't been out yet and to those who have to hold off till the 15th to shoot a buck

Edited by basspro