Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RUNNIN REBEL

Not too often do you see 25 to 27 foot waves forecasted in Lake Ontario (UPDATED W/PICS)

The ice boom broke on Erie. This means an earlier spring in Niagara County and potentially a faster dispersal of fish lakewide after the May flurry on the west end. 

Weather Underground offshore forecast had increased wave height to 37 feet occasionally !

Edited by choo-choo

where can I find a live webcam of the oswego harbor , none of the cameras im finding are working

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brucehookedup said:

Geez that would suck if the fished dispersed earlier than normal because of a broken ice boom. NOT! LOL

:rofl:

Who came for the epic wave pics? I was a little disappointed...

3 hours ago, chugbug said:

where can I find a live webcam of the oswego harbor , none of the cameras im finding are working

Lakevision.

1872886618_camera_91.thumb.jpg.d9be4f957261be1aafd889606a2ad5b5.jpg

Edited by spoonfed-1

to bad we cant get a live feed live of that picture with the lighthouse in it , it looks like the ocean !!!!

Edited by chugbug

The boom has broken a few times in recent memory. I went over the skyway and was able to see ice as far as the eye can see. 

Great Idea. THANKS.. I do not need much of another reason to go to Niagara Falls, Canada for a day trip

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Oswego!

9 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Oswego!

Awesome Video Rob, Thanks!!

Hey legacy thanks for the videos !! there great !!    I was wondering what it looked like out there  and to think I was out around that breaker wall in a 12ft deep v fishing for browns many years ago !!!

Edited by chugbug

I do not think the ice boom actually broke on the Niagara, just a buoy broke off.

The New York Power Authority issued a statement Sunday evening about the break of the boom.

"NYPA is actively monitoring the extreme weather situation in Niagara County and is responding to any operational issues as quickly as possible. NYPA had previously staged equipment to prepare for any necessary ice boom repairs and for any needed ice-breaking activity.

The ice boom is designed to submerge during high wind and high water events, allowing ice to overtop the boom. Current flooding is not due to the ice boom. This is a wind-driven event."

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL