Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

I stick a small nail in the quiver for just that reason. Happened many of times and the foam in the quiver holds the nail nicely.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Haha that's funny. I have an aluminum trim nail in mine

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I stick a small nail in the quiver for just that reason. Happened many of times and the foam in the quiver holds the nail nicely.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That’s a great idea. I always had to remove another arrow and use the broadhead to turn it off

‘Bout Time
Mike

21 hours ago, Gill-T said:

love it. Very rewarding. Finally have some tracking snow for the next two days. Just put together a deer quarters sled. 

81633934-BB67-446B-9F55-445599311FE4.jpeg

Man, I never thought of using a sled. Great idea instead of 4trips on ur back.  Where I’m at now. Anything I shoot is coming out in pieces. Few years back I dropped a buck 3miles and change from any road/trail.  Hung it in a big hemlock, skinned and quartered it there. So much easier then draggin it back.  I have an old Jet Sled for icefishing. Thats goin in the truck for next trip

Four mile trek this morning in four inches of snow at Bush Hill state land and never cut a track. Frustrated. I am hoping COVID has not affected deer numbers. I am not seeing the typical deer numbers, not hearing shots, and have yet to see a deer on a car. Mild winters should have more critters out there 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.studyfinds.org/coronavirus-animals-high-risk/%3famp

Edited by Gill-T

Anyone ever have an issue with a crossbow misfiring when you take the safety off? I have a Ten Point Wicked Ridge Invader G3, Went to discharge it, took safety off and it fired without touching trigger. I've had it 5 years and never once had this issue, maybe I cocked it wrong as it is the type where you put the clips on the strands and pull. Regardless that thing is now retired and I will be upgrading for next season to an acudraw!

Today was blistering cold ,, sat till 10:30 couldn’t wait to put my walking shoes on .. wasn’t long and I walked up on 3 doe , spent an hr trying to get a clean shot at the biggest, then all 3 bed down, finally filled a tag in 8r .. and yes sleds work.. made an easy tow to the road.IMG_6508.JPGIMG_6511.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 12

I walked my entire farm in 7A (180+ acres) today and only saw rabbit tracks. Could not believe it.

My hunting group down in 7R pushed a big section of woods and only kicked out one yearling.

Can’t figure it out

‘Bout Time

Mike

17 hours ago, Never Ends said:

Anyone ever have an issue with a crossbow misfiring when you take the safety off? I have a Ten Point Wicked Ridge Invader G3, Went to discharge it, took safety off and it fired without touching trigger. I've had it 5 years and never once had this issue, maybe I cocked it wrong as it is the type where you put the clips on the strands and pull. Regardless that thing is now retired and I will be upgrading for next season to an acudraw!

There was a recall 5 yrs. ago . not sure if your model was part of it  : https://www.aboutlawsuits.com/crossbow-recall-82182

Edited by tangledline
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Four mile trek this morning in four inches of snow at Bush Hill state land and never cut a track. Frustrated. I am hoping COVID has not affected deer numbers. I am not seeing the typical deer numbers, not hearing shots, and have yet to see a deer on a car. Mild winters should have more critters out there 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.studyfinds.org/coronavirus-animals-high-risk/%3famp

The Amish are starting to put a dent in bush hill and farmersville state forest. I was born and raised there and have seen decline there in recent years too. 

Took this guy December 1st. My first deer with a pistol and probably equal to my nicest buck. I took the shot at 4:15 and it felt like a good one. I didn’t see the buck crash but it looked like he was struggling. The pistol was so loud that my ears were ringing so much I couldn’t here him crash either. I went up to look for sign before dark but couldn’t find anything. I walked back to the house, had some food and called my dad. He came over and we went back up to look. It had started snowing now so I was concerned we would lose what sign there may be. Nothing, couldn’t even find dig up tracks from him running. It is a small block of woods behind my house so I knew if he was dead he’d be in there. We gridded it where I saw him heading but still nothing. At this point I was sick, thinking I had either missed the buck or made a bad shot. I called a couple buddies and went back to the house to wait for them. The three of us went back in and started from the shot area again and Cody was able to find some running tracks. After following them a bit I was able to find some blood and my confidence was restored. But still unsure of the hit. The trail picked up and was pretty easy to follow slowly. We got to a spot where we lost blood for a while, but I made an arc and found some more. The trail picked up pretty good again and I was able to find some foamy blood on some goldenrod. Now I felt a lot better. We followed a few more spots and looked up 10 yards away to see my buck dead as could be and covered in snow. The shot was right behind the shoulder and smashed both lungs. I just was looking about 10 yards to close at the initial site of the shot. The buck didn’t make it 100 yards before piling up. The shot was from about 70 yards. Super happy I stuck with it and finally got a deer with the pistol, and a hell of a deer at that! This is the first time I’ve killed a deer that I “had history” with, I have his sheds from at least 2 years but potentially 3. To think that he avoided hunters all those years and I was the one that was in the right place at the right time still stuns me. Hope you enjoy the read, good luck and safe hunting! 

8D6B598C-E161-48F5-A321-DF8388FC98EF.jpeg

811A706E-FC86-45F8-B9CA-ABCF2E59E1CA.jpeg

83E06579-0D98-404A-8E7A-419C8E0E59CF.jpeg

• Like 21

Took this guy December 1st. My first deer with a pistol and probably equal to my nicest buck. I took the shot at 4:15 and it felt like a good one. I didn’t see the buck crash but it looked like he was struggling. The pistol was so loud that my ears were ringing so much I couldn’t here him crash either. I went up to look for sign before dark but couldn’t find anything. I walked back to the house, had some food and called my dad. He came over and we went back up to look. It had started snowing now so I was concerned we would lose what sign there may be. Nothing, couldn’t even find dig up tracks from him running. It is a small block of woods behind my house so I knew if he was dead he’d be in there. We gridded it where I saw him heading but still nothing. At this point I was sick, thinking I had either missed the buck or made a bad shot. I called a couple buddies and went back to the house to wait for them. The three of us went back in and started from the shot area again and Cody was able to find some running tracks. After following them a bit I was able to find some blood and my confidence was restored. But still unsure of the hit. The trail picked up and was pretty easy to follow slowly. We got to a spot where we lost blood for a while, but I made an arc and found some more. The trail picked up pretty good again and I was able to find some foamy blood on some goldenrod. Now I felt a lot better. We followed a few more spots and looked up 10 yards away to see my buck dead as could be and covered in snow. The shot was right behind the shoulder and smashed both lungs. I just was looking about 10 yards to close at the initial site of the shot. The buck didn’t make it 100 yards before piling up. The shot was from about 70 yards. Super happy I stuck with it and finally got a deer with the pistol, and a hell of a deer at that! This is the first time I’ve killed a deer that I “had history” with, I have his sheds from at least 2 years but potentially 3. To think that he avoided hunters all those years and I was the one that was in the right place at the right time still stuns me. Hope you enjoy the read, good luck and safe hunting! 
8D6B598C-E161-48F5-A321-DF8388FC98EF.thumb.jpeg.96a4f4e3d9bb9b71a2075ccf1957d46c.jpeg
811A706E-FC86-45F8-B9CA-ABCF2E59E1CA.thumb.jpeg.4b38b2c27958898e601acf1dd6bc420f.jpeg
83E06579-0D98-404A-8E7A-419C8E0E59CF.thumb.jpeg.774bc7bbfececa1c3a9e9374dd03d154.jpeg

Way to stick it out Congratulations on an awesome deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

28 minutes ago, dawsonscreek said:

8D6B598C-E161-48F5-A321-DF8388FC98EF.jpeg

811A706E-FC86-45F8-B9CA-ABCF2E59E1CA.jpeg

83E06579-0D98-404A-8E7A-419C8E0E59CF.jpeg

Freaking stud!

• Like 1