Favorite Photo

muskybob

BTW, those rod holders suck, I bagged them.

Pete

Not good eh! Too bad, I was thinking of getting a couple. What is the problem?

Dick

yes, what didn't you like about them? I replaced one of the fixed ones on each of my scottys with one of those and I think they are great.

P9010027.jpg

Tim

Pete

Dick

They r ok for light line and shallow fishing (like under 50') but when your down 100 plus and your pulling flashers with 20 or 30# mono, there is a lot of strain on the extentions, they will twist under the pressure, its a wonder they never failed for the time i used them. I did like the vertical and horizontal adjustment. I use the boom mount holders on all three now. I got rid of the two that were standard with the captains pac also, I prefer the rod tip closer to the water, and the boom mount adjust vertically.

Pete

Dick

They r ok for light line and shallow fishing (like under 50') but when your down 100 plus and your pulling flashers with 20 or 30# mono, there is a lot of strain on the extentions, they will twist under the pressure, its a wonder they never failed for the time i used them. I did like the vertical and horizontal adjustment. I use the boom mount holders on all three now. I got rid of the two that were standard with the captains pac also, I prefer the rod tip closer to the water, and the boom mount adjust vertically.

It's not cheap, but put the vectors on them.