Important--Border Patrol Request

At a recent meeting of Niagara river guides, a Border Patrol agent was a guest speaker. He indicated that there are 40+ known terror cells in Canada. Knowing that the Lake Ontario/Lake Erie angling community keeps early/late hours and is often far from shore, he asked for our help. The agent asked that we report ANY suspicious looking characters or activities by calling the tipline @ 1--800--331--0353. This number covers from Erie PA to the St. Lawrence, and is good for U.S. citizens AND Canadians. Thank You.

Very important info Vince. I recall a few threads here in the past couple years where boaters (members here) were offended that they were stopped by various law enforcement agencys on the lake, and considered it an inconvenience, on the verge of harassment! In light of the info you provided, its quite clear why everyone should respect the law enforcement effort on the lake IMO....

Fishing Key West was interesting with the Coast Guard running patrols a few miles out and the fairly steady air presence. My Captain was stopped last week because he runs around alot at high speed chasing the fish and had purchased a new boat the Coasties were not familiar with.

I personally took a burn to the large number of expensive vehicles parked at the Border Patrol on Pattonwood Drive. Before going off half cocked I asked around, and to a man, the local law enforcement people I talked to said the BP is VERY helpful in the Rochester area, are more than willing to pitch in, serve a valuable purpose and are involved in every investigation that involves a non-citizen arrest or contact. Not sure it explains the need for expensive vehicles, but very glad to hear they are so helpful to our locals. Sadly, we live in this era.

Dear Vince, It is good to know that the Border Patrol is available and wants our help. Forty Terror Cells....that doesn't bother me too much because the Ontario Provincial Police do a very good job. They were checking all boat registration numbers in Bluffers Park Marina by computer in 1988! Remember that big nuke plant at OSHAWA, Ontario? Thats almost due west of Oak Orchard and the prevailing winds are out of the WEST! think about this......THE OSHAWA NUKE Plant is the largest NUKE plant in the free world. FACT, taught to every Canadian student. Around this plant live many, many fellows that hate mostly every person and Christian fellow. I do hope our Northern friends have this plant wired with every kind of defensive and offensive device. The people in the Eastern US do not have a clue of the potential danger there. I do wonder when the media will wake up on this one!

...... Sincerely,

........................... Jet Boat Bill

Back in the early 1990s at Wilson harbor for a ProAm.The first morning we saw a 16ft boat come in off the lake and tie up past us. He left the boat with a suitcase in hand, the next day it was the same thing. One of my crew was with the Sheriff Dept. and informed the right people and this person was picked up. Never heard what he was up to but he was coming across from Canada.

Dear Vince, It is good to know that the Border Patrol is available and wants our help. Forty Terror Cells....that doesn't bother me too much because the Ontario Provincial Police do a very good job. They were checking all boat registration numbers in Bluffers Park Marina by computer in 1988! Remember that big nuke plant at OSHAWA, Ontario? Thats almost due west of Oak Orchard and the prevailing winds are out of the WEST! think about this......THE OSHAWA NUKE Plant is the largest NUKE plant in the free world. FACT, taught to every Canadian student. Around this plant live many, many fellows that hate mostly every person and Christian fellow. I do hope our Northern friends have this plant wired with every kind of defensive and offensive device. The people in the Eastern US do not have a clue of the potential danger there. I do wonder when the media will wake up on this one!

...... Sincerely,

........................... Jet Boat Bill

No Nuke plant in Oshawa. Second largest plant in the free world is the Bruce and its on the shores of Huron. The one you are thinking of is in pickering and its well guarded. What exactly should the media be doing about it?

Back in the early 1990s at Wilson harbor for a ProAm.The first morning we saw a 16ft boat come in off the lake and tie up past us. He left the boat with a suitcase in hand, the next day it was the same thing. One of my crew was with the Sheriff Dept. and informed the right people and this person was picked up. Never heard what he was up to but he was coming across from Canada.

That was me, I was looking for the Nuke plant in Oshawa.

I hate to spoil it for everyone, but unless they build a Berlin Wall between the USA and Canada, it is impossible to patrol. All it takes is someone with an innertube to cross the Niagara River or maybe the terrorists can't swim so they'll simply walk across the St. Lawarence when it freezes. They showed the trails in the snow from them crossing the St. Lawarence on ABC News last year. Don't forget about the next Unibomber, the Anthrax Scare, or Timothy McVeigh.

Dear LastMinute,

Sorry, my old memory is in error. The Pickering Nuke Plant is the THIRD LARGEST (4,336 megawatts) in the World today, Bruce is second (7,276 megawatts) And the Japanese have the largest one according to WIKAPEDIA. BUT Pickering was the biggest in 1986 before Bruce came on line. I also observed that the cooling towers are gone...been remodeled also. Sorry for the geography error.

Sincerely,........Jet Boat Bill

Capt. Vince..... thanks for the info....# saved ....you never know what we're going to run into in our travels. It's a different world that we are living in now. The Border Patrol , Coast Guard , and all the Law Enforcement Agencies can use all the help they can get from us. The more "eye's" out there , the better for us all !!!

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING , SAY SOMETHING .