Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

X2 on the trespassing. Not looking forward to finding idiots on our properties this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I prosecute with DEC every time. It seems to be working. Also, I have a civil lawsuit ready to be filed on my assjoke neighbor if he trespasses one more time. It’s for $100,000.00. I worked with my attorney on it - proving that his footsteps are destroying future tree saplings that I have planted for my future logging....no more screwing around. If that doesn’t work, I will build a tiny cabin on property line so he cannot hunt just entire land anymore (he will be within 500’ of it)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 9/9/2020 at 10:10 AM, idn713 said:

Anyone have any tips on boosting the cell reception on the Spypoint Link Micro? Just so happens that our acreage is a dead zone and then anything around the property gets fine reception  :dull:

X2. I have received a grand total of one picture since moving the Spypoint - only a hundred yards - so I know that it is working, and with fresh batteries, but nothing in almost a week. AT&T rocks the west side, but Verizon blows IMHO. My AT&T cams have full signal everywhere I put them.

Anybody want to trade an AT&T model for a Verizon? I have one Spypoint and one Moutrie where I chose...poorly.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:10 AM, idn713 said:

Anyone have any tips on boosting the cell reception on the Spypoint Link Micro? Just so happens that our acreage is a dead zone and then anything around the property gets fine reception  :dull:

They make an external antenna but at 70 or 80 bucks it puts a reasonably priced camera up to the next level altho they say with the adapter it should be compatible with other cameras 

https://www.spypoint.com/en/products/long-range-cellular-antenna/product-ca-01.html

IDK how to feel about this.  I can see the good and the bad aspects.

I’m with you as well. Good, being another chance to fill antlerless tags or someone who didn’t fill a buck tag during season, bad being another buck kill for someone who has already shot bucks and is using other persons buck tags to take more. Maybe it’s antlerless only?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The season is already too long for firearms/muzzleloaders IMO.  New York could be an awesome deer hunting destination for trophy whitetails, the way it is being managed in most of the state this will never happen.  Long gun season, gun season through the rut, no antler restrictions are killing it in my opinion. 

Let's be honest... most hunters are out of the woods for late season. Maybe thats why I like it so much. It's certainly not about filling tags for me anymore. Late season is about putting eyes on that resident buck that you may have "lost" during the rut. And as much as I am in agreement for extending the late season, I am also for shortening the gun season (2 weeks is plenty). Hell make it a week for all I care!

• Like 2

I spoke with Jeremy Hurst from the DEC and the proposal is to give family members  an opportunity to hunt together. 

Family members would be in town for the holidays,relatives,kids in college,ect.It is antlered and antler-less  season,he mentioned they may have to go with an antler less season for certain WMU in the future.Weather you like it or not you can e-mail your opinion to him.

Edited by Houndog

Im all for it but also agree gun season is to long.... im sure the snowmobilers will also have a fit as it will push back the trail opening date in the southern zone
Snowmobilers dont have anything to worry about, might get one weekend of ride able snow a season nowadays and that's not until late February- March. Plus I'm pretty sure it states that it would not affect the opening of trails. As for the rest of it, I like the late season, do away with the long gun season during the rut.

Finally got some spare time to get food plots in this year. We did 5 clover plots and one sorghum plot that all came in surprisingly awesome. We were planning on switching 2 plots to brassicas, but we didnt get a chance to get back in there. The deer have been absolutely destroying all of them. So hopefully some big boys show up. Added a pic of our biggest guy so far. 0824201751_HDR.jpeg0824201900a.jpeg0824201833.jpeg0827201334.jpeg25481.jpeg28088.jpeg22355.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2