Finger lakes tackle. who is owed money.

OK putting it out there, since everyday more and more people are coming out saying they are owed $ or have products waiting to get done by Bob.

So who has what and how much are out.

Trying to get a good idea and see if we can all come up with a good solution to get people their money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

im shocked that it has taken this long for a thread about this thief!!! every time i talk to someone about fishing and this guys name comes up, its never good and its always about how much money or gear they have lost to this tool. i know i am out a dozen flashers that i sent him a year ago to get painted and have never recieved them or a refund. so yes im out maybe 150 bucks or so, but i have heard people loosing thousands to him. imo bob fuller is a big P.O.S....

• I thought he was back in the swing of thing?? Guess I was mistaken. I called him up and his shyt azz attitude was enough to turn me away. No way in hell was I sending that Ahole any cash. Everyone I ever delt with on here has ever said to send money but I don't have your products ready, that would instantly tell me he's going under and needs your $$$ to finish Bobs job up then tell Joe I need 90% down payment but that money is to finish Bills order. I saw this type of operation a few times in my business with parts companies, calling me up and asking to place an order, way before you need anything and offering a good % off that order, because you can't have an unpaid order before your next even if it's not your 30 days grace period. If you didn't take that offer you were nuts!! I would order drives or solenoids, stuff I knew I was going to use. So I used that supplier to benefit myself. There taking the punches to the head. They got a $1500.00 check and I saved $1800.00 on the next order. Soon the number you have reached is no longer in service.  :call::rofl:. Good luck guys that's a hard on to swallow.

Put an order in back on February 17th for 51.50 never received or heard anything since sent an E mail last week to ask about order never got a response I didn't know this business is a scam, thought something was messed up should never have to wait this long for an order. One thing is I paid with Pay Pal I will be contacting them today we'll see what they say.

It sounds to me like someone who got too big too fast and couldn't keep up. Not long ago, Bob Fuller spoons were the bomb and the King of Sting was the best lure on the lake. I ordered from him numerous times with no issues whatsoever. His work was fantastic. And now this.

It's sad. Hopefully there's a lesson learned for other potential entrepreneurs out there.Making a good product is only part of the battle. Having a sound business plan, anticipated cash flow and limitations is equally important.  

I was lucky enough to hear the horror stories before placing an order with him. So i cant really say I've personally lost anything but seems lots of guys i talked to have, i hope they see this post. I work for the court system in ny and idk if they can have him arrested as from what i hear these were agreements made with people he never followed through on..... nothing criminal really. (unless theres more details i haven't heard of) but im sure people can take him to small claims court to take action. Depending on the amount of people and amount of $ he has boned people out of maybe a class action suit against him may be the way to go, due to it being people from multiple people over multiple states. Either way .....shady business from this guy. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i sent him money a in september of 2015 and never recieved anything from him.  He responded a few times to my facebook messeges telling me that he will make it right but never did.  I ended up sending him a return through paypal to get my money back.  He took a while but i did get my money back a month or 2 ago.  I will never ever buy anything from him again and its sad cause i really liked his products.

I never sent the guy a dime but the last time this was brought up, he jumped on the thread on here and he sounded like a complete dick.   That was enough for me to never even consider buying a spoon from him no matter how good they worked.  I'm sure people remember what i am talking about. 

It sounds to me like someone who got too big too fast and couldn't keep up. Not long ago, Bob Fuller spoons were the bomb and the King of Sting was the best lure on the lake. I ordered from him numerous times with no issues whatsoever. His work was fantastic. And now this.

It's sad. Hopefully there's a lesson learned for other potential entrepreneurs out there.Making a good product is only part of the battle. Having a sound business plan, anticipated cash flow and limitations is equally important.  

Yes his products are awesome no doubt about that,. And I agree with you on a good business plan. He had the market in his hands and was making a lot of people happy. him getting big too quick seems to be what I believe is the problem he had soo many orders that he didn't know what to do and had all this $ coming in and got overwhelmed. And didn't know how to keep up being a one man show its a ton of work.

But fast forward now an honest person would refund people's money saying I can't get you your product please order when back in stock.... So what happened to all this missing $..

from rough #s I know he has at least over 10k worth of unfilled orders.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I never sent the guy a dime but the last time this was brought up, he jumped on the thread on here and he sounded like a complete dick.   That was enough for me to never even consider buying a spoon from him no matter how good they worked.  I'm sure people remember what i am talking about. 

X2 on this!

Unfortunately, this impacts all businesses.  Bad business makes people gun shy when sending people money.  It is sad to see this happen because he had a good thing going.  Making it in a flooded tackle market is not easy to do. 

33 minutes ago, Missdemeanor said:

Nick is a really good guy and a talented painter.... He gets my business.

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

SSSSHhhh that's our ACE in the hole!!!  LOL! I really want to see Nick make it big. A man that talented should not go unnoticed!!! But I did like the quick turnaround!!!!!

I guess there may a lesson in all this in terms of anyone starting up or running a small business now with the Internet as a factor. It takes more than just using gimicky things to maintain a business (e.g. catchy names for spoons, cool durable paint jobs etc.). In todays world one of the most critical things for most people seeking quality products is customer service. One has only to look at the big chains to see this in operation and some mistakes being made . A solid example is the comparison between places like Walmart and Wegman's. When you walk through the cashier line at Walmart often the cashiers don't look at you they may say some stereotypical phrase without looking at you cash you out and place the stuff in bags and you are on your way. If a police officer were to ask them to identify you that person would not have a clue whether you are male or female, young or old or what you were wearing. Most of the time at Wegman's even these young kids look you in the eye and greet you , ask if you found everything OK  and usually with a smile.They display good manners and the interchange is usually pleasant and I believe that if they were asked immediately after you left what you looked like they might know.  My point here is that customer servicing is often lacking these days and in the bigger stores it can be readily improved through effectve training of employees. Online servicing is a very different "animal". Having a quality product is very important (i.e. attention to detail and quality control), next is making the transaction user friendly, and third is meeting or exceeding the customer expectations for delivery of the quality item promptly and lastly marketing your product effectively for repeat business. If proper attention is paid to each step you're probably going to be somewhat successful. A consistent or chronic breakdown in any of these "steps" can be catastrophic; especially as a small scale business. Presence on the Internet can when things run smoothly be an amazing phenomenon business-wise but it can also spell doom and destroy your reputation and business if you screw up badly.  I think in this case quality of product was not the main issue and initially customer servicing appeared to be pretty good but for whatever reason it changed for the worse and the written response to concerns on line here was certainly less than "professional". A major mistake.

Edited by Sk8man

Don't be quick to judge him, no one is walking in his shoes. Yes he had a tough time filling orders but he was by far the best artist when it came to painting a lure. One of you guys with deep pockets should help him get to the next level instead of burying him. Business man?, not really, but he gave it a good go... Maybe he will turn it a around.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

when FLT spoon came out i put in an order and received  it with in a week . never ordered any more after hearing he was having trouble filling orders was glad i stayed a way . just got some hybrid lures they look amazing . the eyes are going to be killing his worm harness .

Don't be quick to judge him, no one is walking in his shoes. Yes he had a tough time filling orders but he was by far the best artist when it came to painting a lure. One of you guys with deep pockets should help him get to the next level instead of burying him. Business man?, not really, but he gave it a good go... Maybe he will turn it a around.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

NO EXCUSE!  Not our responsability to bail him out.  I don't care if you can paint the Sistine Chapel on a spoon.  The funny thing is that everyone who gave him money or product or both would completely understand if he just sent  their goods or money back and simply said  " im overwelmed and i dont want to hold your  cash or spoons or flashers  without knowing when i can get it to you, sorry"      

NO EXCUSE!  Not our responsability to bail him out.  I don't care if you can paint the Sixteenth Chapel on a spoon.  The funny thing is that everyone who gave him money or product or both would completely understand if he just sent  their goods or money back and simply said  " im overwelmed and i dont want to hold your  cash or spoons or flashers  without knowing when i can get it to you, sorry"      

I know, right?!?!?!

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

NO EXCUSE!  Not our responsability to bail him out.  I don't care if you can paint the Sixteenth Chapel on a spoon.  The funny thing is that everyone who gave him money or product or both would completely understand if he just sent  their goods or money back and simply said  " im overwelmed and i dont want to hold your  cash or spoons or flashers  without knowing when i can get it to you, sorry"      

Exactly!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app