Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

October 26 pm
51 degrees
NE 5-15 mph
Party cloudy

Great night weather wise to be in a tree. Deer movement however was pretty slow.
I did rattle in a young buck at dusk. A quick 30-40 sequence and he came trotting in on a line.
I almost got tag by a skunk on the way out. It was certainly exciting to get chased by a skunk in the dark while in knee high weeds.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

October 26 pm
51 degrees
NE 5-15 mph
Party cloudy

Great night weather wise to be in a tree. Deer movement however was pretty slow.
I did rattle in a young buck at dusk. A quick 30-40 sequence and he came trotting in on a line.
I almost got tag by a skunk on the way out. It was certainly exciting to get chased by a skunk in the dark while in knee high weeds.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great night also after the last two days being absolutely boring saw 4 after 5 a young 4pt chasing a young doe , I passed a nice 8 , two year old , saw a fisher and took a selfie with a skipper button buck ..IMG_4490.JPGIMG_4495.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 2

That fisher is cool!! A bear last week, a fisher this week, you're on target for the most off-target species this year. I will pass on the skunk though. I've also been chased by them in the dark, and it's no fun. Anyone here been sprayed directly?

And what a great buck!! Unique rack, great shot, love how he ended piled up against that tree. 

The last two days were slow slow slow for me. I had one ten minute period where I saw four deer come from three different directions, including a scraggly ten that got a pass, and last night I had a single six walk under the stand. That was all she wrote. A couple times I heard some crashes in the thick stuff. No doe at all. Cameras still tell me night time movement. I'm thinking that once we get past this next few days of warm weather, it's going to be game-on. I'm a little disappointed though, because traditionally, the week prior to Halloween is when I see the most movement. I'm blaming the strange moon cycle and massive acorn crop. And aliens.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dvdegeorge said:

one word for this morning ...yuck

looking like the entire day may be useless. I have a stand that i want to move so maybe i will go do that today.

x2. Jeff has a lot of great hunting tips, I enjoy watching all of his videos. I especially like the idea of the vertical licking branches

I have really been enjoying Jeff Stugis and Whitetail Habitat Solutions videos lately. A lot of good info.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2kmwM1LIRjrnbqynMjTzQ/videos

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well with the weather yesterday I spent some time in the woods but not hunting. I moved a stand and hung another. Not a whole lot of fun in the wind and rain but probably the right day to do it.

• Like 1

Well with the weather yesterday I spent some time in the woods but not hunting. I moved a stand and hung another. Not a whole lot of fun in the wind and rain but probably the right day to do it.

Hunted the afternoon 5:33 saw a 4 pointer all rutted up lol then at 5:45 saw a heavy beam mature buck then at the camp a buck in the dark literally 20 yards from my truck guess he’s a ford guy it’s coming ... be back in the woods the whole day on Wednesday Gota winterize for now

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United