Hardwater report !!

longspurs

Got to north end Conesus alittle late this a.m. couldn't find park spot, went to state boat launch fished 5.5 to 10 fow water over weeds no bite. Fished from 930am to 11am, packed up, went over to Honeoye. Fished 12fow south end, caught few fish. Fished till 2 or so.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I ran by Conesus Lake late this morning and couldn’t believe how packed the lot was.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you want a ton of small perch (not keepers, great action for kids) and not a long walk, try the south end of Silver lake. Plenty of ice on west side 8+ inches. get out to the deeper water toward the middle. I was also on Sodus Saturday and had similar experience bringing home a couple dozen keepers after weeding through 4-6 shorts for every one. Definitely got colder in the afternoon when the wind picked up. 30+ FOW. Anything with meat on it worked fine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lfthzmrk said:

If you want a ton of small perch (not keepers, great action for kids) and not a long walk, try the south end of Silver lake. Plenty of ice on west side 8+ inches. get out to the deeper water toward the middle. I was also on Sodus Saturday and had similar experience bringing home a couple dozen keepers after weeding through 4-6 shorts for every one. Definitely got colder in the afternoon when the wind picked up. 30+ FOW. Anything with meat on it worked fine.

Conesus is a 2 minute drive for me.  With 2 little kids with limited attention spans, closer to home is better for calling mom to come get one of them when they get bored/cold.  I've had great luck on Silver, though.  I've pulled some nice pike from there.

Got on bass and pickerel at honeoye. Slow but steady pick on tipups and jawjackers. Panfish bite was nada. Bass shiners early, fatheads as sun came up. 

side note, what is it about honeoye ice fisherman that makes them come 20 yards from your spread and drill holes for like 30 min? Fishing would be better if people spread out....
13A8EC29-D58F-4869-83E3-73D90A28D01C.thumb.jpeg.697ca7fdcbf17da48e801315f5da202d.jpeg

I was on honeoye Monday and had my tip ups pretty darn close together and not all spread out. Everyone still had to walk right down the middle of them. I get it, sometimes you have too, but their was a ton of room around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

I was on honeoye Monday and had my tip ups pretty darn close together and not all spread out. Everyone still had to walk right down the middle of them. I get it, sometimes you have too, but their was a ton of room around me.

Yah I am not trying to be a grouch but there is so much lake...... so you know how it goes 

• Like 1

Sounds like lake fishing. I never drop near another boat but can’t count the times guys have dropped right next, or worse right in front of me.

It is a problem at the extreme south end in front of the launch because some folks set up tip ups across the main beaten down path that doesn't have much snow on it so it is much easier to pull shelters out to fish out in the southwest corner using that route  and when it is blocked off it can  be a real pain to skirt way around through the snow and rough iced up holes etc. That area has been getting really hammered and mostly dinks in there now and all the sled and auger noise has spooked the good fish out deeper now. A lot of fishing pressure there.

Edited by Sk8man

It is a problem at the extreme south end in front of the launch because some folks set up tip ups across the main beaten down path that doesn't have much snow on it so it is much easier to pull shelters out to fish out in the southwest corner using that route  and when it is blocked off it can  be a real pain to skirt way around through the snow and rough iced up holes etc. That area has been getting really hammered and mostly dinks in there now and all the sled and auger noise has spooked the good fish out deeper now. A lot of fishing pressure there.

I was 3/4 the way across.....

On 2/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, idn713 said:

Got on bass and pickerel at honeoye. Slow but steady pick on tipups and jawjackers. Panfish bite was nada. Bass shiners early, fatheads as sun came up. 

side note, what is it about honeoye ice fisherman that makes them come 20 yards from your spread and drill holes for like 30 min? Fishing would be better if people spread out....

13A8EC29-D58F-4869-83E3-73D90A28D01C.jpeg

You were in their spot.  I have heard that excuse many many times.  

37 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

I was 3/4 the way across.....

I wasn't meaning you Scott just explaining the common problem there.  I still remember back in the late 60's and 70's when it was just a handful of old timers there and no problems. Now it is like Woodstock and a lot of folks aren't real experienced either.

Gator , I got that picture for you . First laker with the rod you just built me "awesome" !! Probably a 4lber. Had some other chasers. Released for another day. Better spud if u plan on going to the trout lakes ice varied quick. IMG_20210209_130825.jpegIMG_20210209_114625.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Has anyone fished the south end of Conesus, down by the inlet?  I know it gets pretty packed up by Vitale, and parking can be an issue.  I'm just wondering if the South end is any good (and safe yet?)  With my kids being so little, there's no getting up at the crack of dawn to get them dressed and out the door at 0'dark-thirty to beat the rush.

Edited by camper4lyfe

What lake is this? I wanna say canandaigua

Gator , I got that picture for you . First laker with the rod you just built me "awesome" !! Probably a 4lber. Had some other chasers. Released for another day. Better spud if u plan on going to the trout lakes ice varied quick. IMG_20210209_130825.thumb.jpeg.d2a9d21f4cc92896bbfd2f4594996efc.jpegIMG_20210209_114625.thumb.jpeg.997107e78984d4b480e637f844f99e1e.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Has anyone fished the south end of Conesus, down by the inlet?  I know it gets pretty packed up by Vitale, and parking can be an issue.  I'm just wondering if the South end is any good (and safe yet?)  With my kids being so little, there's no getting up at the crack of dawn to get them dressed and out the door at 0'dark-thirty to beat the rush.

The south end lacks the panfish that the north end has. The kid friendly jigging action is pretty much non existent. However you can set tip ups and get into some decent pike action. I’ve been skunked and I’ve caught double digits from the south end so I’d say it’s hit and miss as far as entertainment for the kids.... Ice is safe just stay away from the inlet. Park in the state lot and there should be a trail leading out there

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crafty Jay said:

The south end lacks the panfish that the north end has. The kid friendly jigging action is pretty much non existent. However you can set tip ups and get into some decent pike action. I’ve been skunked and I’ve caught double digits from the south end so I’d say it’s hit and miss as far as entertainment for the kids.... Ice is safe just stay away from the inlet. Park in the state lot and there should be a trail leading out there

Perfect.  Thanks!

We fished silver last Thursday Friday Sat 4 pike between 4 guys and not a single pan fish, very slow from what we typical do there. I’m going to hit up braddocks or the ponds with the kids today and try to jig up something for an hour or two .

IMG_5501.JPG

• Like 2