Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Unreal ride to work on the parkway tonight.  19 deer - 9 of which were bucks.  One Giant that almost became roadkill at Lowden Point Rd.  This is the most activity I have seen on my ride to work in the 9 years I have been taking this route. 

Well I had zero intention of hunting today. But with the updated forecast and the wind slowly dying down I changed my plans quickly. Got into the stand a little after four.
Five minutes in I noticed a doe followed by a big mature buck followed by a young buck a few minutes later. Twenty yards and no shot. Just too thick to responsibly throw an arrow that way.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, dvdegeorge said:

I’ve been hunting this deer for 4 years now I’ve had so many close calls he truly has led a charmed life

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

so the buck has you figured out. Tomorrow do the exact opposite of what you were planning on doing. 

I'm mystified. I figured that with the lack of deer on our Brockport property to date, during both evening and morning sits, I'd try a mid-day still hunt this afternoon looking for a rutting buck chasing a doe. I've seen lots of this in past years, and in fact shot my buck last year from the ground, but not today. It was dead as a door nail. I wish I knew what was going on there. Three of us are hunting the new property in Albion tomorrow. Hopefully it will be game-on.