Prepping

I was a 9 before this happened.....never have pictured myself using leaves (poison ivy) in the woods...always prepared:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

For the folks who are older or who have loved ones in care facilities I would take some precautions. I actually think the media may be under reporting this to stave off panic in the markets. In every country that has dealt with this the hospital infrastructure has failed. If you can take measures to protect yourselves you should do it. Hunkering down for a month is prudent.

1 minute ago, Kingfisher06 said:

For the folks who are older or who have loved ones in care facilities I would take some precautions. I actually think the media may be under reporting this to stave off panic in the markets. In every country that has dealt with this the hospital infrastructure has failed. If you can take measures to protect yourselves you should do it. Hunkering down for a month is prudent.

X2

My brother lives in Washington and said they are taking it very seriously,  he doesn't have to go into work for the next 4 weeks. (he can work from home) the schools are closing,  the elderly care center where most of the deaths occurred is locked down but the emergence service people that respond to the care center on a regular bases has been hit really hard. of the 25 that have responded there 12 have been diagnosed with the corona 19.  they are saying its only life threatening  if you are over 50 and have other health issues.  

Everyone should take basic precautions like more hand washing (done correctly and before contact with your face), no handshaking, using hand sanitizer, reducing close quarter situations with strangers and whatever health officials recommend. Even Those who are younger and healthy who are at lower risk should do the same, to keep from spreading the virus to the vulnerable public.

3 hours ago, HB2 said:

So it's really no different then any of the other flus that have been coming around so since the beginning of time . 

That is just not true and not what the top medical professionals are saying. I prefer to believe what they say. If you respect people over 60, you should also.

The fourteen fire fighter crew members that responded to the Kirkland Nursing Home incident are now quarantined in their now  closed Fire Station. It may not be deadly for the majority of the public but if you show the signs, you will not fly, go to work or school and your life style will be strictly ended.

San Francisco declared a state of emergency with no cases reported . 

REALLY ? 

Is this the way it's,going to go from now on each flu season ? 

18000 people died from the flu last year in this country . Granted this ones bad but we have had,bad strains before . 

The media tends to try an scare us and as Americans , we tend to go along with it . And the  politicians try and use it for their own reasons . I will do what I normally do and not take the  chicken little approach . 

My condolences to all affected. 

1 hour ago, Outdoor Lover said:

Did anyone else notice what was going on in the world before the outbreak? Protests.  In many countries. The people have had enough. NOW, guess what. No one's protesting anymore. Coincidence? 

EXACTLY 

Italy's case fatality rate is nearing 5%. Seasonal flu has a fatality rate of 0.1%. The medical community is hoping for a realized 0.5% CFR for America. It spreads like a norovirus and anyone with kids who have used a daycare understand how contagious that is-far worse than the seasonal flu. The societal repercussions will be significant.

Do not listen to the apathetic "it's just the flu bro" or "looks like everyone will get it, so let it happen" people. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.   

On 3/3/2020 at 10:42 AM, Kingfisher06 said:

Have you guys got your 6 years worth of toilet paper yet? Whats your current state of prep for the coronavirus 0-10?

Well after this past week of everything goin on with this virus, And local/world news totally focused on it. Obviously people are taking it seriously as i see store shelves depleting.  Unfortunately i can not find any toilet paper so I bought many packs of socks and lots of ammunition.  So now i can wipe my ass with my old socks and if need be use my ammunition to defend my pile of socks I havent used yet.   :clap:

• Like 1

well kingfisher06 has me so scared now,im going to climb into my bubble,someone please let me know when its safe to comeout!!!!!!

Edited by finsntins