Legacy -The 2022 Season-

Legacy

November 19 am
28 degrees
SW wind 10-15 mph
Cloudy

Opening day gun season

Well my archery season wasn't what I had hope for. Damn work got in the way of hunting. The last two days I was hesitant of hunting because of the wind. A steady light wind works for where I wanted to be but not a heavy gusty wind so I stayed out. And I'm glad I did.

I got in stand about 610 or so and slowly got settled in with hundred layers. Before I even got my jacket on I had a buck sneak past me about 30 yards. It was too dark to tell which buck it was but of course I was convinced it was one of my target bucks. Ill admit... it screwed with my head a bit.
Gun shots started ringing out about 639ish from every direction. Then about 715 I noticed movement cutting down the same spot cruising bucks have been using for 2 weeks. Things happen fast. It doesn't take long to realize he's a shooter. I stand turn to my right. Rest the gun on the tree. The deer just happens to stop at 30 yards and I pull the trigger. He dropped in his tracks but I got hit high. 9x scope at 30 yards I guess I should have held down on him. I had to finish him off with a second shot. If only the guy shooting was as good as the gun. [emoji38].

To my surprise i have no history with this deer. Big thick wide 9pt with split g2. I'll be patiently waiting on the late season to start!
received_456370773273815.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 16

Congrats to all who scored already - some fine bucks down

it’s killing me sitting in the camper on opening day here in Eden,NY.

snow is up to my hips- heart attack walking

Took me 3 hours to get  over 4’ of snow off trailer 

we are hoping to hunt Monday maybe??

With more snow coming tonight 😩

not how I wished my fathers  60th opening day to pan out . GL to those out and those who finally  get out 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

November 19 am
28 degrees
SW wind 10-15 mph
Cloudy

Opening day gun season

Well my archery season wasn't what I had hope for. Damn work got in the way of hunting. The last two days I was hesitant of hunting because of the wind. A steady light wind works for where I wanted to be but not a heavy gusty wind so I stayed out. And I'm glad I did.

I got in stand about 610 or so and slowly got settled in with hundred layers. Before I even got my jacket on I had a buck sneak past me about 30 yards. It was too dark to tell which buck it was but of course I was convinced it was one of my target bucks. Ill admit... it screwed with my head a bit.
Gun shots started ringing out about 639ish from every direction. Then about 715 I noticed movement cutting down the same spot cruising bucks have been using for 2 weeks. Things happen fast. It doesn't take long to realize he's a shooter. I stand turn to my right. Rest the gun on the tree. The deer just happens to stop at 30 yards and I pull the trigger. He dropped in his tracks but I got hit high. 9x scope at 30 yards I guess I should have held down on him. I had to finish him off with a second shot. If only the guy shooting was as good as the gun. emoji38.png.

To my surprise i have no history with this deer. Big thick wide 9pt with split g2. I'll be patiently waiting on the late season to start!

Beautiful buck Rob

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tlombardozzi said:

This guy came through a little after 7:30 AM pushing a small doe.  7 points, 20” spread.

Congrats to all who scored during bow and this morning 

CAD8096B-8BBD-41B1-ABE9-1B3DDFD83CDE.jpeg

5D4FC72E-04A0-4ED9-BECF-993AB5823001.jpeg

Awesome!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legacy said:

November 19 am
28 degrees
SW wind 10-15 mph
Cloudy

Opening day gun season

Gun shots started ringing out about 639ish from every direction. Then about 715 I noticed movement cutting down the same spot cruising bucks have been using for 2 weeks. Things happen fast. It doesn't take long to realize he's a shooter. I stand turn to my right. Rest the gun on the tree. The deer just happens to stop at 30 yards and I pull the trigger. He dropped in his tracks but I got hit high. 9x scope at 30 yards I guess I should have held down on him. I had to finish him off with a second shot. If only the guy shooting was as good as the gun. emoji38.png.

"Less is more" again this season Rob!  Great buck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sectvchamps1113 said:

Our mennonite neighbor took this buck today chasing a doe with three other bucks. He is a great kid who lost his whole bow season breaking his collar bone.  The neighbor down the street had several pictures of him in October but none recently. 

9745E25D-590C-48F2-A49F-B70112CFAD71.jpeg

5BFE037E-B499-4A97-9D97-AEAFC9946F1A.jpeg

WOW!