Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

October 15 pm
60 degrees
SE wind calm becoming NE 10 mph
Mostly sunny

Well I put eyes on a buck tonight that I only have gotten on camera the past two years. Last year his rack was so busted up by the time late October was here that I would have given him a pass. Unfortunately he never gave me a shot tonight. He worked to me in the creek bottom but instead of turning towards me he turned away from me. It just too thick in the creek bottom with all the leaves still on the trees to even think about getting a shot off. The one thing I know is he was there enjoying the endless supply of acorns.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It’s here my Ghost Blind of course its pouring rain here but I had to try it out and shoot some arrows to get a feel for it
I have not removed the protective plastic film from the panels yet
I think this just might work!
I’ll have golden rod behind and to the sides of me so I should be hidden wellAdjustments.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

12 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Help me out Dan, why not put in a groundblind? Nice chair, bow hanger, etc.

Billy it's not feasible in this spot it would stick out like a soar thumb....I have limited area that is clear enough to shoot as the deer have the golden rod matted down around the tree...plan is to tuck back in to the golden rod right beyond where I'm getting all the pictures will be 15-20 yards away...if it doesn't work it will be fun as heck trying

• Like 1

I imagine that the turkey will see themselves as they get close and try to attack the thing! Be sure to have the camera rolling lol.

I bet it will work better in low light/cloudy conditions when there's less glare IMHO. Can't wait to hear.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

It’s here my Ghost Blind of course its pouring rain here but I had to try it out and shoot some arrows to get a feel for it
I have not removed the protective plastic film from the panels yet
I think this just might work!
I’ll have golden rod behind and to the sides of me so I should be hidden wellAdjustments.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

If you get bored while on a sit, you could just turn it around for some “selfie time”. 

• Haha 1

I have literally sat in the middle of a cut field with the ghost blind with nothing around and had jr hunters kill deer during the youth season.  Tucked in anywhere they are deadly.  They are a great tool in the arsenal.  In fact the wife will be behind it this weekend in a apple orchard.   Just don't leave it out overnight as the dew will cover the mirror and it wont work.

Edited by Tall Tails
edit
  • Like 1

Can't wait for tomorrow morning's sit.  After high winds and fairly steady rain for the past three days, i think there will be a lot of movement tomorrow.  The wind is supposed to die down overnight, and the overnight low in our area will be 33°.  Good luck to everyone else this weekend!