Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charb

Anyone with a autopilot that trolls...

Anyone with a autopilot that uses it for trolling, please tell me what you have for a pilot and what you have for a boat  Thank you..

201 Mako CC
200 hp Yamaha SS2
Lowrance Autopilot run by a Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 3.
Love the boat.
Love the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Garmin Reactor autopilot with Smartpump on a Hewescraft 210 Searunner 225 Honda with 9.9 Honda kicker.

Autopilot steers 225 which is connected to 9.9 with tie bar. Troll with 9.9 95% of the time.

Troll patterns( zig/zag, circles etc..) 

• Like 1

Grady White 232 Gulfstream with twin 150 Yamahas. Lowrance outboard pilot. Trolls great in anything under 5 foot waves. Struggles going into big waves, but works fine going with them. The lazy S turns have caught me lots of fish on tough days, and the circle back has helped me recover lost tackle.

• Like 2

29’ Aquasport Express, Simrad Ap24 plumbed into hydraulic system. Kicker is plumbed Into main hydraulic system, kicker turns with rudders!!!! Love it!!!! Only had to turn main engine on 1 time in 5 years to turn while trolling!!!!

Capt Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Pursuit 255 Offshore with 250 Yamaha.  Raymarine ACU-100 tied into existing SeaStar hydraulic system. 3 yrs since the install,  580 hours, using it 80% of the time trolling and has been worry free. 

• Like 1

2010 23 ft north coast    Lowrance  HDS GEN2 TOUCH 12 INCH       its like having an extra guy on the boat   who don't take a turn   or **** about anything

• Like 1

2450 lund genmar. Merc alpha w hyd steering. Furuno nav pilot 300. Works great on anything you want to fish on. Remote is priceless. More functions then you can use 

• Like 1

Kind of autopilot. Have a 19’ stripper with 150 hp and 8t hp Yamaha. I also have a Minnkota Ulterra with ipilot I use for autopilot. The 8 hp pushes the boat and the minnkota steers the boat with a remote or through my Humminbird helix. Can pick a heading , follow depth contours or select waypoints and off we go. Works great plus it has an anchor feature too.

just depends how big your boat is , but they did just come out with a 87” shaft for larger boats. 

• Like 1

like Jack i also use minnkota. i have a seanymph gls195. evinrude 9.9 for thrust and i use the terrova for auto pilot. works like a charm on erie for eyes and ontario for salmon