Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

Couldn't resist taking a doe tonight, freezer is empty and have had zero buck action for to long. The wet spring kept me from getting good food in the ground. Was great because I couldn't resist packing up, walking all the way back to the truck, and driving home to get my 4 year so he could track his first deer. Blood hound already, even though he almost literally stepped on her before he saw her because he was so focused on following blood ! Great Moments for sure!20191207_175050.thumb.jpeg.b06ede0c73a8f14d2786e0db33c41720.jpeg20191207_175149.thumb.jpeg.5325a50e42621e66d259305cca9fb6e7.jpeg

Doesn’t get much better than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Couldn't resist taking a doe tonight, freezer is empty and have had zero buck action for to long. The wet spring kept me from getting good food in the ground. Was great because I couldn't resist packing up, walking all the way back to the truck, and driving home to get my 4 year so he could track his first deer. Blood hound already, even though he almost literally stepped on her before he saw her because he was so focused on following blood ! Great Moments for sure!20191207_175050.thumb.jpeg.b06ede0c73a8f14d2786e0db33c41720.jpeg20191207_175149.thumb.jpeg.5325a50e42621e66d259305cca9fb6e7.jpeg

Congratulations Dad !!!!! Awesome stuff

Was planning on taking a doe for a buddy at work. Tommy still has a couple doe tags. I won’t be taking a doe lol.
There are a couple other good bucks coming around including one Tommy told me not to shoot. Hope he doesn’t come around.
 This is the one I can’t shoot. IMG_0490.thumb.JPG.96d2ac215f85224d3d41750501a25fdb.JPG

I think I saw this guy .... the other night

Was planning on taking a doe for a buddy at work. Tommy still has a couple doe tags. I won’t be taking a doe lol.
There are a couple other good bucks coming around including one Tommy told me not to shoot. Hope he doesn’t come around.
 This is the one I can’t shoot. IMG_0490.thumb.JPG.96d2ac215f85224d3d41750501a25fdb.JPG

I'm torn on that. If it's a homebody deer that's come back then he will be a slammer next year. If he's just passing through trying to find a random hot doe, you may never see him again....

So, good luck when he walks in front of you !!!!!

Thats one happy kid. Congrats

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Finally had a shooter in sight yesterday afternoon 1st one all season that got my heart beating ....50 yds stare down for 10 minutes finally he turned and started walking back the way he came and got behind some trees...that was the break I needed I was able to stand and pull my gun up but as my luck has been running all season another bad break and the stand I was in made an awful loud creaking noise and off bounded a wide and high stud 8pt with a body like a horse,This is the same stand my cousin killed his buck from a couple days ago
Frustrated,disgusted and dishearten sums things up....

Did take a doe yesterday morning 

doe 2019.jpg

Awesome matt!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A week or so ago there is a picture of a cowboy that says “I love hunting and fishing and and like 4 people”

i cannot find it anybody know what page or post again?

Lots of movement this morning. I had a nice wide ten pass by under the stand at 7:01 am, then loop around and come back through at 7:15 am. I think that he may have reached his potential, but I don't have a tag until tomorrow. Then eight doe and two bucks moved through. I wanted to shoot the two biggest doe and round out the venison requests from my trainees at work, but it was tough once the first shot went off trying to discriminate the big doe from the spike through a scope. Took some doing, but finally managed to single her out and drop her as well. The other buck was a nice eight that has great potential - he came past the stand after the shooting was over on his way to the swamp. Next year he'll be a good one.

Also, I heard more shots this morning that I've heard the past two weekends combined. I think guys are pushing. We're not, just hoping that MZ has some undisturbed studs on the property.

• Like 3